This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

A personalized gift

>> Monday, August 30, 2010


This book was comissioned by a friend, Emma, who Tony and I met while we were living in Minneapolis. This summer, she asked me to make a book that she could give to her cousin as a graduation gift. Emma was drawn to the blue pages and bold patterns of this album, which I traded for a pair of earrings at Art in the Park. So I used the original book as my inspiration, and made this new, personalized photo album for Emma's cousin.


The book is sewn together using the Japanese stab binding technique. I especially like how the geometric pattern created by the stitching compliments and balances the bold floral patterned paper. And the blue paper used for the pages is one of my favorites; I love it's unique texture and bright color.

2 comments:

Emma August 31, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

Katie - it turned out BEAUTIFULLY! and you were such a dream to work with. Thank you again!

Katie August 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

Thanks so much, Emma! I'm glad that you like the album, and I hope your cousin has fun filling it with photos.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP