This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

Artist Feature: erinzam

>> Sunday, March 21, 2010



A few weeks ago, my husband and I picked out a few items from erinzam's Etsy shop. I came across her work earlier this year, and I've had some of her handmade books on my wish list ever since. When our order arrived, it certainly did not disappoint.

We ordered a Geek Book, which is made from a vintage computer card and green bar computer paper and it ties shut with a button and string closure. We were even able to choose the eyelet color used for the closure, and I think the orange looks great with the blue and gray cover. We also picked out a Long Stitch Mini Tag Book, a little book made from a manila inventory tag.



I also have to mention how fantastic the packaging was for these books. Everything was so well coordinated. The address labels and receipt (complete with hand-written thank you note) were well designed, and matched the blue bubble wrap that ensured the safe arrival of my order from California to Virgina. A variety of assorted colorful stamps added a personal touch to the envelope. And best of all, she included a pin featuring one of her illustrations that was cleverly attached to a little tag. I honestly felt like I was opening a gift when this package arrived. I think that extra handmade touch is one of the best parts about ordering items from Etsy.

I will hold on to her business card that she included. I can definitely see myself coming back to order from her shop in the future. I also really like her books with chalkboard and egg carton covers.


erinzam

Website: erinzam.com
Blog: erinzam.com/blog
Bookbinding Etsy Shop: erinzam.etsy.com
Painting Etsy Shop: studioerinzam.etsy.com
DIY Etsy Shop: droplet.etsy.com
Her husband's Etsy Shop: benben.etsy.com
Flickr: flickr.com/photos/erinzam

2 comments:

Lizzie March 21, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

Lovely! I'm always keen to see work by fellow book-binders. It's amazing what variety can be achieved and how everyone's stye is a little bit different.
Such fun little books.

Katie March 23, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

I agree! It is so inspiring to see what everyone else is making. I think Erin's books are so clever, and I love her use of found materials.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP