This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

Back to Athens for the Craftstravaganzaa

>> Monday, May 9, 2011


This weekend we headed down to Athens, GA to set up shop at the Athens Indie Craftstravaganzaa.  After graduating from the University of Georgia three years ago, I've only been back to town a handful of times so participating in this show was the perfect excuse to make another visit. 

The show took place in a large parking lot right in downtown Athens on the corner of Clayton and Pulaski Streets.  As all of the vendors arrived in the morning to begin setting up our booths, we found that a single car had been left in the parking lot overnight (see photo above).  There was some last minute shuffling of booth locations to make room for all of the 50+ vendors, along with the lone black Toyota, but in the end it all worked out just fine.  In fact, it even resulted in an extra aisle along the side of my booth so shoppers could view my work even better as they entered the show.  


While sales were a little slower at this show than the others I've done over the past year (there seemed to be a lot more browsers than shoppers this weekend) we were lucky to have amazing weather and it's always great to spend a weekend in Athens.  We stayed with my wonderful friend Diana while we were in town (she was a bridesmaid in my wedding two summers ago).  She brought us food and drinks throughout the 9-hour art show, and then she cooked an amazing dinner for us after the show on Saturday.  A few other college friends, who now live in Atlanta, made the trip over to Athens to come to the show and hang out with us on Saturday night.  

Diana also introduced us to a few new restaurants when we were in town.  When we got into Athens late on Friday night, she brought us to the new location of Transmetropolitan for pizza (the pizza I tried was called the Hungry Sasquatch).  I must admit that I think I like the new location even better than the original one that I enjoyed throughout my years at UGA.  And on our way out of town on Sunday morning we got breakfast at Mama's Boy after Diana highly recommended it as her favorite breakfast spot in Athens.  

Stay tuned for a few more posts about the Athens Indie Craftstravaganzaa, including a few of my favorite artists from the show and a guest post from my husband Tony about an interesting booth design trend that he noticed.  

1 comments:

Lizzie May 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM  

It looks like a wonderful show! I love the set-up of your booth (complete with shiny black auto decor!). The books all look amazing. How hard you must have worked, to get it all ready!
Glad you had a great weekend - it's always lovely to catch up with good friends, that you haven't seen for ages. The food sounds great - and fab. to have a friend to provide an all-day delivery service while you were working.
I'll look out for the next post about this show.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP