This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

A journal for Gail

>> Friday, January 14, 2011


The order for this custom book was placed at my trunk show in November. After seeing a similar journal (which is now for sale in my Etsy shop), the customer wanted one just like it to give as a Christmas gift and she requested a personalized nameplate for the cover.

I used a smooth paper printed with a bold, modern floral pattern for the covers of this book. And the textured orange paper that you see along the spine? I made it by hand in Cortona, Italy! While I used some of my orange paper while still in Cortona, I brought a little stash of it back with me to the States. I recently rediscovered it and I've been putting it to good use ever since.

3 comments:

Lizzie January 14, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

Oh, no wonder someone wanted you to make them this book - what a Happy Book! I love the brightness and big flowers. So cheerful, especially in the middle of a grey, rather cheerless, January day in Eastern England.
I'm sure Gail was pleased with it too!
I'm also impressed by your bright orange hand-made paper.
Thanks for sharing this with us. It's lovely!

PrairiePeasant January 15, 2011 at 10:37 AM  

I'm amazed at the brightness of the orange. It looks wonderful paired with the flowers!

Katie January 16, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

Thank you both! It is such a bright, cheerful book and I'm glad I was able to share it to brighten up a dreary winter day.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP