This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

Happy New Year!

>> Sunday, January 2, 2011


Last month I finished a custom wedding guest book for a couple who tied the knot yesterday, on News Year's Day. What a way to start off a new year! Congratulations to Caroline and Greg.


Their wedding guest book features plenty of shimmering gold details set off against soft cream pages and thread -- perfectly delicate and celebratory for a winter wedding. The paper used for the cover was handmade in Nepal and is printed with a contemporary chrysanthemum pattern.

I'm also pleased with how these photos came out, so I've included a few more than usual. Enjoy!





A head start
Just before the new year, on a lengthy car ride, my husband and I had the chance to talk about goals for the upcoming year for linenlaid&felt. I was so encouraged that I got a head start on one of them.

The goal was to complete at least 20 books per month to keep my Etsy shop stocked with new items while still being able to supply the local shops that sell my work. Before the ball even dropped on New Year's Eve, I had pages for 25 books awaiting covers and binding. And I feel great about it.

Moving forward
In addition to making lots more books, I'll be teaching a beginning bookbinding class at a local art center near the end of the month, and displaying my work and information about the bookmaking process at a library nearby.

In the studio, I'm working on more books with printed pages, including lined journals, baby books, and garden journals. Thanks to a Christmas gift from my husband and my grandparents, I'm the proud owner of four volumes of Keith Smith's comprehensive binding instruction books. So I expect to be experimenting with new binding styles and sculptural structures.

3 comments:

Jay Studio Photography January 4, 2011 at 8:47 PM  

very neat. i like it. :)

Kathy Sherrill June 4, 2011 at 12:36 AM  

LOVE your white & gold book. I'd like to make one similar to that for my daughter's wedding. Wish you lived closer to me!

All the best.

Katie June 5, 2011 at 6:12 PM  

Hi Kathy. Thank you so much! I really love the way this guest book turned out too. That cream and gold paper is one of my favorites.

If you decide that you'd like me to make a similar book for your daughter's wedding, just let me know. I ship my work world-wide.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope you have a nice day!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP