This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

Orange and blue guest book

>> Thursday, February 3, 2011


This Coptic-bound guest book is another custom book that was given as a Christmas gift.  I can't tell you how exciting it was for me on Christmas Day to know that people all around the country -- some that I know, but mostly people I've never met -- were receiving books that I made with my own two hands.  I put so much care into each and every book that I make, and I hope this makes receiving one of my books so much more special than a mass-produced item.


When Beth contacted me through my Etsy shop, she was drawn to a similar book I had made using this orange spirograph paper for the covers.  (It's one of my favorite papers as well!)  She wanted me to create a custom guest book for some friends but was curious if I could make a horizontal book and if I could print lines on the pages. 


Up until this point, all of the books in my collection had either been vertical or square, and they all had blank pages.  But I ended up loving the way that this book came out and I've made several books in a similar format since then.  I'm please to announce that I will be adding this type of book to my repertoire, and the first book in my new collection has been added to my shop.  Click here to see my new lined, horizontal journal in red.   

2 comments:

Diana Maria February 7, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

Really like the new style AND love how you're fusing together your talent at hand-binding coupled with your knowledge and skill with graphic design.

Can't wait to see the baby books!

Katie February 8, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

Thanks, Diana! I just posted a sneak peek of my baby book design in my most recent blog post:
http://linenlaidfelt.blogspot.com/2011/02/sneak-peek-from-studio.html

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP