This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

Mission accomplished

>> Tuesday, February 1, 2011



If you remember back to my first post of 2011, I made a New Years resolution to make at least 20 books per month. Knowing how busy I've been lately, I was a little worried that this goal might be too lofty and that I wouldn't have enough time to make all the books I'd planned to. But somehow I managed not only to reach, but to surpass this goal.

During the month of January I made the 32 books pictured here, in addition to two custom books which I will feature on my blog soon. I made 13 Coptic-bound journals (which also work well for wedding guest books and sketchbooks), five Italian Long-stitch books, and a slew of pamphlets, softcover concertina notebooks, and hardcover sculptural concertina books.

About half of these books are bound for a few local shops that sell my work, and the others will be listed in my Etsy shop over the next week.



I'm already looking forward to the books I plan to make in February. I'll be focusing on making more Italian long-stitch books with suede, leather, and cardstock covers. I'll also be making some new photo albums, which sold out during the holidays.

3 comments:

Anonymous February 1, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

Great job Katie! Those books look amazing! :)

AshleyRae February 1, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

These look amazing! Congratulations on meeting and surpassing your goal.

Katie February 1, 2011 at 5:37 PM  

Thank you both so much for reading along and for sharing your kind words with me. I'm feeling incredibly motivated right now, and I can't wait to get back in the studio this evening.

This afternoon I dropped off five of my new books (some were leather journals and others were hardcover books) at a local shop that sells my work, just in time for a Valentine's event they are hosting this week. Now I need to make a few more leather books to list in my etsy shop too.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP